Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Green with envy.



Another car that was/is a major influence on me belongs to a good buddy of mine named Daniel.



He is an "infamous" pin stripe laying maestro from the DFW area that has been flinging paint since the 60’s. In fact he laid the lines on my gold coupe!

Back in 1986-87 when my 50 Merc was transformed into the kustom it is today Daniel was working on a trad style upchopped 32 5 window.

Trad hot rods have always been around, but in the middle of the hard core billet aluminum 80’s his car was beyond kool to me.

Unchopped, sporting a killer shade of dark green (I will have to ask him next time I see him, but I think it was a T-bird green), and stitched up with a black tuck and roll interior the car is all hot rod.

It has changed over the years, and I don’t have any pics handy of my absolute fav version of the car. It was originally all green with cool white pin stripes following the body lines sporting chrome wheels and caps with wide whites.

Funny thing about it is a little Racing Champs car was made that looked just like it in that form. One hangs on my wall to this day.

True 60’s Americans were later added to the car with black walls and it changed the entire look of the car. (It was still killer, but like I said I have a weak spot for the white walled version). Check the pic at the top of the page for an early shot of when the Americans were first put on the car.



The current version has the addition of some cool flames in a copper/orange color that give the car a McMullen-ness look.

This car will always be in my personal top ten cars of all time.

Oh, and the other cool thing is he drives the wheels off the car. He has put some serious miles on it, last time I heard it was over 60,000.



No comments:

Post a Comment